Donald Trump met with Vladimir Putin, one of the most anticipated meetings out of the G20 this year. Another step and lesson learned for our new, new President. With the discussion of Russian meddling in the 2016 US Presidential Elections, both Putin and Trump agreed that it did indeed happen. Both made the agreement to create a Cyber security team to defend future hacking.
Another agreement made by the two included Syria talks. With a decision to ceasefire with Jordan in the Southwest region of Syria in the defeat of ISIS and other anti-terrorism acts. This is a big deal, especially for Trump for he had promised since the election that he would establish a good relationship and better ties with US-Russia relations. Putin has a political desire to restore Moscow’s lost influence and their starring role as a player in the global power game.
During every meeting with Trump something theatrical has always happened. During his G20 meeting, Trump tweeted about his win in the election, tweeting “Everyone here is talking about why John Podesta refused to give the DNC server to the FBI and the CIA. Disgraceful!”. With President Trump mainly blaming Podesta, “chairman” of the Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, with the DNC firing back with:
- Podesta never ran the DNC
- Podesta was actually not working for the DNC at the time of the cyber attacks
“Trump has received criticism for repeatedly refusing to endorse the conclusion that the hacks were intended by Moscow to help him reach the White House.” – TheHill.com
Even if Trump had set an agreement at the G20 with Putin about a ceasefire the other countries still seem to be floating away. They simply disagree with Trump from trade deals to his knowledge of global warming.
In this weeks presidential address, President Trump made a few announcements:
- “Made in America” theme will be put on thousands of new consumer items
- Tons of jobs will be brought back home
- There has been a global theft on America’s wealth
- All federal agencies will follow two rules: “Buy American, Hire American”
- Iron, aluminum, and steel will now be made in America
- Withdraw from the Paris Accord Agreement
- Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- End NAFTA if negotiations and changes are not met
Follow my Twitter: @JasonKohl_