- Began an affair with Robert Mugabe, 41 years her senior, while working as a typist in state house
- Mr Mugabe later said his first wife Sally, who was terminally ill at the time, knew and approved of the relationship
- Married Mr Mugabe, her second husband, in 1996 in an extravagant ceremony. They have three children
- Nicknamed “Gucci Grace” by her critics, who accuse her of lavish spending
- Along with her husband, is subject to EU and US sanctions, including travel bans
- Praised by supporters for her charitable work and founding of an orphanage
- Received a PhD in September 2014, a month after being nominated to take over the leadership of the Zanu-PF women’s league
more recommended stories
New Covid Variant From Southern Africa; calls for travel bans
South Africa and a number of.
Citizen initiative to buy Zimbabwe opposition leader Chamisa armoured car raises US$84,000
BULAWAYO – A citizen-led initiative to.
What is it with Prophets and Rape?
The question has always been asked.
Eight killed killed in ZUPCO bus and fuel tanker crash
Eight people died on the spot,.
EFF Leader Malema Denounces Calls for Deportation of Millions of Zimbabweans
Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party leader,.
Zimbabwe vice president’s ailing former wife Marry Mubaiwa sent to prison
Zimbabwe’s Vice President Constantino Guveya Dominic.
Zimbabwe’s Zanu PF spokesperson Simon Khaya Moyo has died
Zimbabwe’s former cabinet minister and Zanu.
Zimbabwe is set on tackling climate change
The COP26 meeting of nations came.