PROPOSED PROGRAMME FOR THE INAUGURATION OF THE PRESIDENT-ELECT OF THE REPUBLIC OF ZIMBABWE CDE EMMERSON DAMBUDZO MNANGAGWA: NATIONAL SPORTS STADIUM: FRIDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2017
0630 hrs Gates open
0730 hrs Public take seats
DIGNITARIES ARRIVE IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER
0920 hrs His Worship the Mayor of the City of Harare
0925 hrs Commander Defence Forces, Service Chiefs
0930 hrs Members of the House of Assembly
Central Committee and Politburo members; Diplomatic Corps
0935 hrs Judges of the High Court/Judge president/the Judges of the Supreme court/ Prosecutor-General/ Attorney-General/Honourable Ministers
0940hrs Speaker of the National Assembly/president of the Senate
0950 hrs Chief Justice and spouse
1000 hrs Visiting Former Heads of State and Government
1015 hrs Visiting Heads of State and Government
1030 hrs The incoming President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa and Mai Auxillia Mnangagwa
1115hrs Master of Ceremonies and Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Zimbabwe Cde Jacob Mudenda invites the minister of Religion Right Reverend Bishop Mutendi for opening prayer
1135 hrs MASTER OF CEREMONIES calls the Chief Justice, Honourable Justice Luke Malaba to administer the OATH OF OFFICE;
CHIEF JUSTICE, HONOURABLE JUSTICE LUKE MALABA ADMINISTERS THE OATH OF OFFICE;
ADORNING OF SASH
— Commander Defence Forces and Service Chiefs pay compliments to the Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces His Excellency Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa
Master of Ceremonies calls for pledge of allegiance— PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE BY COMMANDER DEFENCES FORCES AND SERVICE CHIEFS
(i) Commander of the Defence Forces
(ii) Commissioner-General of Zimbabwe Republic Police
(iii) Commissioner-General of Prisons and Correctional Service
1200 hrs – NATIONAL ANTHEM AND FLY PAST
— 21 GUN SALUTE
Parade Commander invites the President to inspect Guard of Honour accompanied by Commander Defence Forces only.
The First Lady and the First Family congratulate the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe His Excellency Cde ED Mnangagwa.
His Excellency the President is led to his seat.
Master of Ceremonies calls upon His Excellency President ED Mnangagwa to deliver inauguration address.
1210 hrs His Excellency the President Cde ED Mnangagwa delivers His address.
1235 hrs Guard of Honour marches past and off-His Excellence the President returns to dais.
1240 hrs Master of ceremony calls upon Zanu-PF representative to deliver congratulatory message and vote of thanks.
1250 hrs — Entertainment
1300 hrs — Congratulations
Handshaking only by the following:
• Father Fidelis Mukonori
• Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front (ZANU-PF) Representative.
• Visiting Heads of State and Government
• Visiting Former Heads of State and Government
• Chief Justice Honourable Luke Malaba leads justice
• Presiding Officers of Parliament.
• Ministers of Government
• Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet
• Chairman of the Public Service Commission
• Acting Director-General of CIO
• President of the Chief’s Council leads Traditional Leaders
• Dean of Diplomatic Corps, HE Mr Mawampanga Mwana Nanga
• Governor of the Reserve Bank, Dr J Mangudya
• Chairman of Zimbabwe University Vice Chancellor Organisation (ZUVCO). Professor E Mwenje
• Honourable Minister of War Veterans with the Representatives of Veterans of the Liberation Struggle
• Representative of People Living with Disability
• Movement for Democratic Change (MDC-T) Representative
• Movement for Democratic Change
Representative of Socio-Economic Groups
• Zimbabwe Bankers Association
• Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce
• Confederation of Zimbabwe Industries
• National Economic Consultative Forum
• Zimbabwe Federation of Trade Unions
• President of Zimbabwe Farmers Union
• President of the Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions
• President of the Indigenous Commercial Farmers Union
• Chairman of the Cross Border Association
• President of the Apex Council
• Representative of the Zimbabwe Nurses Council
• Zimbabwe Tourism Council
Representatives of religious groups
• Christian community
• Jewish community
• Islamic Conference of Zimbabwe
• Greek Orthodox
1340hrs End of the Inauguration Ceremony
DIGNITARIES DEPART IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER
• His Excellency the President Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa and the First Lady Mai Auxillia Mnangagwa
• Visiting Heads of State and Government
• Visiting former Heads of State and Government
• Chief Justice and spouse
• President of the Senate/Speaker of the National Assembly
• Members of the Central Committee and Politburo
• Hon Ministers/Prosecutor-General/Attorney General/Judges of the Supreme Court/The Judge president/Judges of the High Court
• Members of the Diplomatic Corps
• Honourable Members of the Parliament
• Service Chiefs
• His worship Mayor of the City of Harare
DEPARTMENT OF PROTOCOL AND STATE OCCASIONS
-Master of ceremony; Hon J F Mudenda assisted by Hon S K Moyo and Mr A Mfiri
more recommended stories
Zimbabwe finds first omicron case after announcing quarantine
Zimbabwe has identified its first case.
SA president Cyril Ramaphosa chides African states for Covid travel bans
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has.
New Covid Variant From Southern Africa; calls for travel bans
South Africa and a number of.
Citizen initiative to buy Zimbabwe opposition leader Chamisa armoured car raises US$84,000
BULAWAYO – A citizen-led initiative to.
What is it with Prophets and Rape?
The question has always been asked.
Eight killed killed in ZUPCO bus and fuel tanker crash
Eight people died on the spot,.
EFF Leader Malema Denounces Calls for Deportation of Millions of Zimbabweans
Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party leader,.
Zimbabwe vice president’s ailing former wife Marry Mubaiwa sent to prison
Zimbabwe’s Vice President Constantino Guveya Dominic.