President Emmerson Mnangagwa made his first Politburo appointments on Friday as he seeks to restructure Zanu-PF after the expulsion of G40 Faction members. The appointments were made at the Zanu-PF Extraordinary Congress held at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare. Here are the appointments:
- National Chairperson – Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri (post was vacant since 2014)
- Secretary for Administration – Obert Mpofu (replaces Ignatius Chombo)
- Secretary for Finance – Patrick Chinamasa (replaces Obert Mpofu)
- Secretary for Commissariat – Major-General Engelbert Rugeje (replaces Saviour Kasukuwere)
*Victor Matemadanda was only the acting National Political Commissar
- Secretary for Science and Technology – Christopher Mutsvangwa (replaces Professor Jonathan Moyo)
- Secretary for Security – Lovemore Matuke
- Secretary for Transport and Welfare – July Moyo (replaces Oppah Muchinguri)
- Secretary for Infomation and Publicity – Simon Khaya Moyo (remains appointed)
- Secretary for Women’s League – Mabel Chinomona (replaces former first lady Grace Mugabe)
- Secretary for Youth League – Pupurai Togarepi ( replaces Kudzai Chipanga)
*Pupurai Togarepi is in his 50s and was previously removed from the post after the youths complained saying that they wanted to be led by one of their own. The led to the elevation of Kudzai Chipanga who has since been expelled from Zanu-PF.
- Secretary for War Veterans – Victor Matemadanda
- Secretary for Legal Affairs – Paul Mangwana
- Deputy Secretary for Legal Affairs- Fortune Chasi
Air Marshal Perrance Shiri and Major General Sibusiso Moyo have also been added to the Politburo.
President Emmerson Mnangagwa said that he is going to make further appointments in the future and revealed that he needs a couple of days to appoint his Vice Presidents.
more recommended stories
Zimbabwe finds first omicron case after announcing quarantine
Zimbabwe has identified its first case.
SA president Cyril Ramaphosa chides African states for Covid travel bans
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has.
New Covid Variant From Southern Africa; calls for travel bans
South Africa and a number of.
Citizen initiative to buy Zimbabwe opposition leader Chamisa armoured car raises US$84,000
BULAWAYO – A citizen-led initiative to.
What is it with Prophets and Rape?
The question has always been asked.
Eight killed killed in ZUPCO bus and fuel tanker crash
Eight people died on the spot,.
EFF Leader Malema Denounces Calls for Deportation of Millions of Zimbabweans
Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party leader,.
Zimbabwe vice president’s ailing former wife Marry Mubaiwa sent to prison
Zimbabwe’s Vice President Constantino Guveya Dominic.