The Zimbabwe defence forces together with the Zimbabwe Republic police have today dismissed rumours of a shutdown in the Capital Harare.
In a joint press statement,the forces said the rumours peddled on social media were not true as they said they do not communicate through social media.
“Some of the false messages include the one where it is alleged that soldiers are calling upon the people of Zimbabwe to go onto the streets and shutdown Zimbabwe.For the record this message and its contents should be dismissed.Zimbabwe defence forces does not communicate through social media .Such propaganda is meant to incite public violence and tarnish the image of Zimbabwe defence force,” reads part of the statement.
The forces urged the public to commence with their business at their work places without hindrance.
more recommended stories
Beitbridge boarder truck delays affecting business; South Africa tells Zimbabwe
South Africa has accused Zimbabwe of.
Zimbabwe’s Ex-finance minister Simba Makoni arrested over foreign exchange violations
Zimbabwe’s former finance minister Simba Makoni.
Zimbabwean court struggles to pin charges on Kuwadzana Orgy gang
The state is struggling to pin.
Zimbabwe’s Nelson Chamisa safe after his car allegedly shot at in Mutare
The Zimbabwe opposition leader Nelson Chamisa.
Zimbabwean artisanal miners take the law into their own hands
The vexed question of what role.
Illegal Sanctions hurt vulnerable in society Mnangagwa tells UN envoy
Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Monday.
South Africa rejects door on Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine – which Zimbabwe approved
South Africa’s drugs regulator said on.
Zimbabwean teacher who assaulted student blames toothache on his violent behaviour
The school teacher who last week.