A 30-year-old unlicenced Harare minibus driver has reportedly appeared in court after he crashed into Zimbabwean Vice President Constantino Chiwenga’s motorcade.
Silent Hungwe, appeared at the Harare magistrate’s court facing charges of contravening the road traffic act.
He was remanded in custody pending a high court bail application, the report said.
Hungwe was expected back in court on September 4.
Prosecutor Linda Gadzikwa told the court that the suspect bumped into one of Chiwenga’s motorcade at the corner of Borrowdale road and Kingsmead on August 24.
No casualties were reported from the accident but both vehicles sustained serious damages, the privately owned NewsDay newspaper said
more recommended stories
Beitbridge boarder truck delays affecting business; South Africa tells Zimbabwe
South Africa has accused Zimbabwe of.
Zimbabwe’s Ex-finance minister Simba Makoni arrested over foreign exchange violations
Zimbabwe’s former finance minister Simba Makoni.
Zimbabwean court struggles to pin charges on Kuwadzana Orgy gang
The state is struggling to pin.
Zimbabwe’s Nelson Chamisa safe after his car allegedly shot at in Mutare
The Zimbabwe opposition leader Nelson Chamisa.
Zimbabwean artisanal miners take the law into their own hands
The vexed question of what role.
Illegal Sanctions hurt vulnerable in society Mnangagwa tells UN envoy
Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Monday.
South Africa rejects door on Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine – which Zimbabwe approved
South Africa’s drugs regulator said on.
Zimbabwean teacher who assaulted student blames toothache on his violent behaviour
The school teacher who last week.