The MDC National Standing Committee has resolved to suspend its Vice President Engineer Elias Mudzuri, a circulating press release alleges.
“The Vice President Elias Mudzuri is suspended pending disciplinary action a party directive against endorsing Emmerson Mnangagwa,” reads the press release.
The document is signed by Party Spokesperson and Acting Mayor of Harare Jacob Mapfume.
Mudzuri is accused of attending a meeting of parliament officials at State House, a view which interpreted as endorsing the Presidency of Emmerson Mnangagwa which MDC has always disputed.
The long Statement after the Wednesday’s Statnding Committee read as follows:
Today met and discussed the state of the nation. The meeting which was chaired by President Nelson Chamisa noted that the current political crisis was at the centre of several other challenges arresting the country.
The political crisis is characterised by a centre that is not holding, elite rapture, militarisation, conflation of the state and the ruling party, all worsening a crisis of legitimacy owing to the stolen election of 2018.
Resultantly the cure to the legitimacy crisis and the creation of a much needed new contract between the people of Zimbabwe and their leaders has not been established. Those in power now use the state as an arena of personal accumulation enriching themselves and those around them at the expense of the general masses.
The meeting noted that this political challenge has resulted in the following.
1. A collapsing economy with very low production levels
2. Heightening poverty, unemployment and inequality.
3. Massive shortages of fuel and other basic commodities.
4. A liquidity crisis with depositors unable to access their funds from the banks.
5. Monetary confusion with multi exchange rates.
7. Crippling inflation with basic goods becoming unaffordable for the majority.
8. Collapsing social services characterised by shortage of drugs and recurrence of cholera in some parts of the country.
9. A doctor’s strike which seen most hospitals discharging patients before completion of treatment and placing the rest on risk of death through avoidable conditions.
10. Hopelessness among society and an increase on crimes of necessity, violence and rising suicide cases.
The leadership recommitted to stick to its prescription contained in President Chamisa’s five point plan and shall complete the consultation process, conscientise Zimbabweans on the need for lawful citizen action as enshrined in section 59 of the Constitution.
The party will however remain committed in offering alternative economic policies to mitigate the unpalatable suffering of the Zimbabweans people.
more recommended stories
‘We want Zimbabweans to work in South Africa’: Julius Malema
EFF leader Julius Malema has appealed.
Passion for alcohol 1.3 million Rands spent on booze
Speculation is rife, that the self.
Zimbabwe Activist Makomborero Haruzivishe Granted $20,000 After Spending 9 Months in Jail
Opposition Movement for Democratic Change Alliance.
Schools in Zimbabwe closed indefinitely; Covid or teachers strike?
There is confusion and growing speculation.
Hero Sirizani Butau Rescues 8 people from burning bus
A Kadoma man named as Sirizani.
Fifa warns Zimbabwe about ban on eve of tournament
World governing body Fifa says a.
White Zimbabweans say Gemma has no fixation with black men
With all the drama resulting from.
Zimbabwe: New lockdown measures announced
The lockdown at Level Two would.