Isis calls for retaliation over the New Zealand terror attack

Isis has called on its followers to retaliate for the terror attack against Muslims in New Zealand New Zealand town of Christchurch last week, in a rare message from one of its top figures.

The spokesman for the jihadist group, Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, has broken a six-month silence to say last week’s massacre “should incite the supporters of the caliphate to avenge their religion”.

The release of a 44-minute recording came as US-backed Syrian forces said they were nearing victory over ISIS in its final bit of territory at Baghouz in eastern Syria.

Self-described white supremacist Brenton Tarrant, 28, has been charged over the attacks which resulted in the deaths of 50 and the injury of another 50 people, all of whom were attending Friday prayers.

“The scenes of the massacres in the two mosques should wake up those who were fooled, and should incite the supporters of the caliphate to avenge their religion,” Abu Hassan al-Muhajir said in the recording.

Al-Muhajir, who real name is not known, also commented on the ongoing battle for the last scrap of the Isis caliphate in eastern Syria. Isis fighters have been surrounded in a camp in the village of Baghouz and are facing a final onslaught from the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces

See also  Trump's lawyer former associate found guilty of illegal campaign financing

more recommended stories