The son of the former Angolan president has been released from prison, where he was being held on charges of embezzlement.
José Filomeno dos Santos had been detained for seven months.
He was accused of attempting to steal $1.5bn (£1.1bn) when he was head of Angola’s sovereign wealth fund.
He was appointed to that role in 2013 by his father, who was president at the time. But he was sacked last year by current President João Lourenço who came to power in 2017.
On Friday, prosecutors announced they had recovered all the financial and other assets of the Angolan sovereign wealth fund.
Mr dos Santos’ lawyer said the legality of his client’s detention had expired weeks ago.Article share tools
more recommended stories
Paloma Mlunjwana Claps back and corrects the narrative
I had to set the record.
Grief Sucks; Brilliant Pongo shares his journey with grief in new book
In his latest offering author Brilliant.
Nigerians banned from going to fight in Ukraine
Nigeria has said it will not.
Ukraine crisis: First batch of students arrive in Ghana
Ghana has become the first African.
African students ‘badly treated at Ukraine borders’
Cold and fearful, scores of South.
Nigeria offers to evacuate its citizens from Ukraine
The government of Nigeria says it.
Mozambique government websites hacked
Hackers say thy have regained control.
African Union suspends Burkina Faso over military coup
The African Union said Monday it.