John Singleton, the Oscar-nominated director of Boyz N The Hood, has died aged 51, his family has confirmed.
The American filmmaker was taken off life support earlier on Monday, almost two weeks after suffering a stroke.
In a statement, his family said it was an “agonising decision, one that our family made over a number of days with the careful counsel of John’s doctors”.
Reports on Monday morning claimed Singleton had died, but a representative had said those reports were inaccurate and that he remained on life support.
The director, producer and actor worked on a host of film and TV projects throughout his career, but was best known for Boyz N The Hood.
more recommended stories
Ukrainian President says does not believe Putin will use nuclear arms
BERLIN: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told German.
EFF says it doesn’t mourn the Queen Elizabeth death
As condolences pour in for the.
Lindsey Graham warns of ‘riots in the streets’ if Donald Trump is prosecuted
“Most Republicans, including me, believes when.
Unied States defies Beijing and sends pair of warships into Taiwan Strait
The United States officials have confirmed.
President Putin orders Russian military to recruit 137,000 new soldiers amid war with Ukraine
Putin orders Russian army to recruit.
Russia says station attack was on Ukrainian military target
CHAPLYNE, Ukraine — The death toll.
Life is more important than nationality EFF responds to Dr Ramathuba
The (EFF) is demanding for the.
President Zelensky’s Independence Day speech says Ukraine ‘reborn’ after invasion
President Volodymyr Zelensky has told Ukrainians.