Caster Semenya will not defend her 800m world title in Doha this September after a setback in her challenge to the restricting of testosterone levels in female runners.
But the South African athlete said she would “continue her fight for human rights” despite her “disappointment”.
Caster Semenya has twice appealed against IAAF rules preventing her from running without medication.
But a ruling allowing her to compete has now been overturned.
Semenya is challenging world governing body the IAAF’s new rules that she and other athletes with differences of sexual development (DSD) must either take testosterone-reducing medication in order to compete in track events from 400m to the mile or change to another distance.
Semenya had been able to race while awaiting the decision of a Swiss court, having previously lost an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) in May.
The latest ruling by the Swiss Federal Supreme Court means she will not be allowed to compete at the World Championships in Doha.
more recommended stories
South Africa parliament blaze contained; National Assembly ‘completely destroyed’
Authorities said on Tuesday they had.
Man, 49, arrested in connection with South African Parliament fire
A man has been arrested in.
South Africa President Ramaphosa ends COVID self-isolation, resumes work
President Cyril Ramaphosa has thanked those.
Qatar Airways to resume flights to South Africa
Qatar Airways will resume both inbound.
South Africa turning on Zimbabweans; banks threaten to freeze accounts
The situation is rapidly ‘turning south’.
Omicron variant fuelling ‘exponential’ rise in South African Covid cases
The Omicron variant has now become.
U.K. struggling to provide hotels to quarantine returning residents
There appears to be a real.
Omicron variant was already in Europe before South Africa
Omicron variant was already in Europe.