A wedding guest in Kenya has died and 40 others were admitted to hospital over the weekend in the capital, Nairobi.
The newly married couple did not suffer from any food poisoning, flying for their honeymoon to Dubai immediately after their wedding on Saturday
But the groom’s grandfather reportedly died on Tuesday.
The caterer has not commented on the alleged cholera outbreak.
Cholera is an acute diarrhoeal infection, which is caused by ingestion of food or water contaminated with the bacterium Vibrio cholera – and outbreaks are not unusual in Kenya.
The county said it was liaising with the Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company to super-chlorinate its water as well as establish cholera treatment units in all health facilities in the capital.
more recommended stories
South Africa’s Ndlovu Youth Choir excited despite America’s Got Talent loss
South Africa’s Ndlovu Youth Choir failed.
Two Journalists attacked in Malawi protests
There were chaotic scenes in Malawi’s.
South Africa apologises to Nigeria after attacks
ABUJA, Nigeria – A South African.
Zambian President Lungu expected in Zimbabwe today for Mugabe’s funeral
Zambian President Lungu expected in Zimbabwe.
First batch of Nigerians fleeing South Africa arrive home
The first group of Nigerians fleeing.
Speech: Ramaphosa talks tough on attacks on foreign nationals
Fellow South Africans, Over the past.