The World Health Organization (WHO) says the person diagnosed with coronavirus in Egypt is no longer carrying the virus.
“He will remain in quarantine until the full 14-day period is over and will be undergoing further required tests to ensure he was fully recovered,” WHO spokeswoman Inas Hamam said in an email.
Egypt confirmed the case, its first, last week. It remains the only known instance of the new coronavirus in Africa. State TV earlier said a foreigner thought to be carrying the coronavirus had tested negative, raising questions about his initial infection.
He was the first person confirmed to have coronavirus in Africa.
more recommended stories
Former Malian president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita dies aged 76
The former president of Mali Ibrahim.
Botswana’s president in isolation after testing positive for COVID-19
GABORONE (Reuters) – Botswana’s President Mokgweetsi.
U.S. urges civilian rule after Sudan’s Prime Minister quits
The United States has urged Sudanese.
President Museveni says schools, bars to reopen in Jan after COVID closures in place since March 2020
Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Friday.
South Africa lifts curfew as it says COVID-19 fourth wave peaks
South Africa has lifted a midnight.
COVID-19 cases surge around world, raising testing and quarantine fears
Daily COVID-19 infections have hit record.
Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu has died
One of South Africa’s most famous.
Zimbabwean musician Winky-D gets backlash for obsession with white girls
Zimbabweans who had anticipated the much-publicised.