Johannesburg – Two suspects face charges of fraud related to the fake “resurrection” incident in which a Zimbabwean man known as Brighton Moyo, who was in a coffin, was filmed “rising from the dead” during a church service led by Pastor Alph Lukau.
Silungisan Grace Sibanda, 40, and Nkululeko Dlamini, 35, appeared in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, where they were told they will have to remain in jail until their next appearance on April 26.
“The State needs to verify the citizenship status of one of the suspects. His South African ID has one name while his passport has another name,” the State Prosecutor Mzamo Mathe said. The pair were arrested last month.
Brighton Elliot Moyo’s miracle resurrection took place in February at Pastor Lakau’s Alleluia Ministries. A video of the event went viral.
Meanwhile SA police said they were still looking for Moyo, even though reports from Zimbabwe said weeks after the SA resurrection he died in his home town. Members of the Alleluia International Ministries were conspicuous by their absence at the court.
more recommended stories
ANC manipulated elections like they did in 2014 – Julius Malema
The African National Congress manipulated the.
Archbishop Desmond Tutu casts his vote at home
SOUTH AFRICA – Archbishop Emeritus Desmond.
EFF ‘growing like popcorn in an oven’ claims Mbuyiseni Ndlozi
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) has.
At least 52 Church-Collapse funeral mourners injured in bus crash
At least 52 church-collapse mourners were.
South Africa floods death toll escalates to 51
DURBAN – The death toll in.
South Africa floods kill 32
Mudslides and flooding caused by torrential.